Carriage Services, Inc. (N:CSV)

Sector:  Consumer Non-Cyclicals Industry:  Personal Services
 
See Regulatory Filings on SEC
Company Contact
Address: 3040 Post Oak Blvd Ste 300
HOUSTON TX 77056-6513
Tel: N/A
Website: www.carriageservices.com
IR: See website
<
Key People
Melvin C. Payne
Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
William W. Goetz
President, Chief Operating Officer, Director
Viki K. Blinderman
Senior Vice President, Principal Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer and Secretary
Carl Benjamin Brink
Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President, Treasurer
Paul D. Elliott
Senior Vice President and Regional Partner
Shawn R. Phillips
Senior Vice President - Regional Partner & Head of Strategic & Corporate Development
Business Overview
Carriage Services, Inc. is a provider of death care services and merchandise in the United States. The Company operates in two business segments: Funeral Home Operations and Cemetery Operations. The Funeral Homes segment provides funeral services (traditional burial and cremation) and sells related merchandise, such as caskets and urns. Its cemetery products and services include interment services, the rights to interment in cemetery sites and related cemetery merchandise, such as memorials and vaults. It serves suburban and rural markets. It provides funeral and cemetery services and products on both at-need (time of death) and preneed (planned prior to death) basis. It also maintains trusts in connection with funeral home and cemetery operations, including preneed funeral trusts, preneed cemetery merchandise and service trusts and cemetery perpetual care trusts. The Company operates approximately 183 funeral homes in 29 states and 29 cemeteries in 11 states.
Financial Overview
For the three months ended 31 March 2020, Carriage Services, Inc. revenues increased 12% to $77.5M. Net loss applicable to common stockholders totaled $4.2M vs. income of $6.5M. Revenues reflect Funeral segment increase of 10% to $61.7M, Cemetery segment increase of 22% to $15.7M. Net loss reflects Funeral segment income decrease of 76% to $4.3M, Corporate segment loss increase of 5% to $6.3M. Dividend per share remained flat at $0.08.
Employees: 1,137 as of Dec 31, 2019
Reporting Currency: U.S. Dollars
Enterprise value: $851.92M as of Mar 31, 2020
Annual revenue (TTM): $282.52M as of Mar 31, 2020
EBITDA (TTM): $76.48M as of Mar 31, 2020
Net annual income (TTM): $3.79M as of Mar 31, 2020
Free cash flow (TTM): $25.82M as of Mar 31, 2020
Net Debt Last Fiscal Year: $516.66M as of Mar 31, 2020
Shares outstanding: 17,908,764 as of May 22, 2020
TTM: Trailing Twelve Months
EBITDA: Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, & Amortization